JOIN OUR TEAM
At the heart of Impact Hub Ottawa is a small but mighty team of dedicated and passionate people, leading a diverse community of purpose-driven individuals and organizations working to do good better. We do so by hosting collaborative spaces – both physical and virtual – and curating events and programming for our members to connect, work, learn, collaborate, and grow our collective social impact. Oh – and we’re growing!
This is where you come in. With an upcoming move to a new and expanded space in April 2017, we are also expanding our programming and are looking for an enthusiastic and collaborative leader who will help us build partnerships and create opportunities to better support purpose-driven entrepreneurs and social enterprises in our region.
The Role: Project Lead
This is a full time, 1-year contract to manage and lead a special project that we are excited to announce soon.
Project activities over the course of the year will include managing a community co-design session to complete an ecosystem map of currently available resources, designing and executing new programming that address gaps, and identifying and implementing new tools to support social entrepreneurs in navigating and accessing these resources.
The selected candidate will work in a flexible and open work environment, traveling regularly to meet with project partners, clients, and other stakeholders. He or she will work actively in the community, engaging partners in a collaborative way to drive improvements that will enable social enterprises, at all stages of growth, to succeed.
- Manage and oversee all project activities and reporting
- Develop project critical paths and partner communications to support successful implementation and delivery management
- Coordinate and lead regular partner meetings
- Identify, design, and execute delivery of new collaborative programming and activities with partners
- Supervise all project logistics
- Respond to members and community general inquires on project activities
- Engage with the community and partners to design and implement programs activities
- Be actively present at external events and within the community to identify opportunities to collaborate and amplify project activities
- Develop and manage partnerships with project partners
- Connect, engage with, and leverage Impact Hub’s global network for learning, collaboration, and growth opportunities
- Manage and implement project related external communications, focusing on web, blogging, and social media content development
- Develop coordinated communications for all project partners
- Oversee and manage the project budget and financial reporting
- Report and flag any adjustments or variances from budget to the Managing Director
Measurements and Impact Reporting
- Develop, collect and monitor project impact through assessment guidelines that include funding requirements and internal measures of success
Team & Culture
- Collaborate with the rest of the Hub team to ensure that all activities reflect our mission, vision, values, and overall strategy
- Create and maintain a high quality, purposeful, and productive team culture
- Act as an ambassador for Impact Hub Ottawa and the project within the community
Experience & Skills
- Strong professional experience in Ottawa or Ontario’s social enterprise or social innovation field is an asset
- Specialized knowledge:
- Understanding of innovation and entrepreneurship
- Project design, development and management
- Strategic planning and coordination of people and resources
- Partnership development
- Public speaking and presentation
- Strategic thinking
- Financial expertise and budget tracking
- Qualities and Abilities:
- Focused, organized, and able to prioritize
- Flexible, embraces change and has the ability to create a culture that’s adaptable
- Demonstrates a high degree of initiative
- Passion for building community and knowledge sharing
- Curious to learn, grow and ask questions
In addition to the above experience and skills, we are seeking someone who aligns with our organizational values and will prioritize the following in everything they do:
Openness & Transparency | Collaboration | Inclusiveness & Accessibility | Action Oriented | Consciousness, Sustainability, and Mindfulness | Experimentation & Disruption
How to Apply
We are looking for a candidate to start as soon as possible – please apply by sending the following to email@example.com:
- A 1-page resumé that summarizes your relatable past experience
- A 1-page summary of your interest and background in the field of social entrepreneurship. If you have recommendations on how to better support social entrepreneurs, tell us what you think!
Please note: applications will reviewed on a rolling basis until a final deadline of March 13th. Selected candidates will be invited to an in-person interview. We look forward to hearing from you!