With a brand new and expanded location, Impact Hub Ottawa is seeking to enhance our space rental offering and sales. To do so, we are looking for an entrepreneurial and top notch event and logistics coordinator to take our members and clients events to the next level.
The Space Rentals Lead is an events planning guru with a strong interest in planning sustainable, zero-waste, and environmentally friendly events. They will manage all of our internal and external space rentals including meeting room rentals, workshop room rentals and after-hour event rentals.
The role is a part-time contract position with non fixed hours. Opportunity for growth and commission based on business line growth and sales.
We are also interested in the opportunity of hiring an individual who runs their own small event planning company in order to additionally, partner and provide wrap around services and event planning logistics for clients and members that pay a premium. If this is you, please let us know but it is not a requirement in applying.
Space and Logistics
- Manage and coordinate all space rental inquiries through our space management software, including usage needed by the Impact Hub team, members, and external bookings.
- Manage and coordinate with part-time event hosts to ensure smooth running of all after-hour events.
- Coordinate with team and ensure all aspects related to payments and invoicing to customers are complete.
Partnerships and Outreach
- Liaise and manage relationships with vendors and suppliers including caterers, photographers, etc. and develop relationships with new suppliers that can improve our value proposition.
- Relationship building with existing and prospective space users.
- Develop an acquisition strategy for new customers interested in using the Hub as a space for events.
- Design and develop new space rental offerings to enhance our space rental experience and improve sustainability of events.
- Update the Impact Hub Ottawa website events page and calendar, including 3rd party events being hosted at the Hub as well as our own events.
- Update and produce communication resources/brochures that provide overviews of resources and rental space available.
- Collect and report feedback on space rental experience, usage/occupancy rates, etc.
- Track and report space rentals revenue in comparison to budget and proactively take action to meet and exceed budget goals.
Team & Culture
- Collaborate with the team members to display and enhance the expression of Impact Hub’s mission, vision and values.
- Coordinate with the team to ensure that events and space reflect the vision and values of our overall strategy.
- Create and maintains a high quality, purposeful and productive team culture.
- Act as an ambassador for Impact Hub within the community.
Experience & Specialized knowledge:
- Professional experience in event management, customer service, and/or office management
- Online platforms, including CRMs
- Operations (logistics and financial)
Qualities and Abilities:
- Organized, detail orientated, and focused
- Always looking for ways to improve, grow and innovate (growth mindset)
- Friendly and personable
- Eye for aesthetics, cleanliness, and order
- Customer service and hospitality oriented
- Desire to take ownership, be creative and lead
- Excel in a fast paced environment
- Problem solver
- Bilingualism in French and English is an asset
In addition to the above experience and skills, we are seeking someone who aligns with our organizational values and will prioritize the following in everything they do:
Openness & Transparency | Collaboration | Inclusiveness & Accessibility | Action Oriented | Consciousness, Sustainability, and Mindfulness | Experimentation & Disruption
How to Apply
We are looking for a candidate to start as soon as possible – please apply by sending the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A 1-page resumé that summarizes your relatable past experience
- A 1-page summary of your interest in the role and background in event and relationship management
Please note: applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a final deadline of July 7th. Selected candidates will be invited to an in-person interview. We look forward to hearing from you!