At the heart of Impact Hub Ottawa is a small but mighty team of dedicated and passionate people. Together we host a collaborative coworking community and curate events and programming to inspire, connect and enable individuals and organizations to do good better.
As you may have heard, our amazing Civic Programming Lead James Chan is moving to London, Ontario. As a result, we’re re-organizing our team and are seeking a passionate individual to aid in delivering Impact Hub Ottawa’s unique programs that provide learning experiences for purpose-driven professionals and engaged citizens in making their city a better place.
- Coordination and delivery of Impact Hub’s programming, including Impact Academy: City Makers Edition and joint programs with our partners
- Facilitate and host programming workshops and participants in the Impact Hub community, connecting them to additional resources, individuals, and opportunities to accelerate their projects
- Organize workshop speakers and logistics, ensuring smooth running and experience for all participants
- Develop content for program communications and assessment tools to monitor program results
- Manage and strengthen programming partnerships
Qualities & Experience
Our ideal candidate is someone with the following attributes and experience:
A Caring Citizen: You are passionate about social and civic issues and are actively engaged in making your community a better place.
A Connector: You are constantly matching and connecting friends to others, events and opportunities.
A Doer: You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are keen to take action, not just sit on the sidelines.
A Facilitator: You are an experienced and trained facilitator with a passion for aiding others.
A Hubber: Past experience in the Impact Hub community and/or partner networks would be an asset to the role.
In addition, we are seeking someone who aligns with our organizational values and will prioritize the following in everything you do:
Openness & Transparency | Collaboration | Inclusiveness & Accessibility | Action Oriented | Consciousness, Sustainability, and Mindfulness | Experimentation & Disruption
Timeline and How to Apply
Ideally we are seeking new candidate to start by August 30th, 2018 and depending on candidates’ experience and capabilities, we are open to flexible part time (3-4 days/week) working arrangements. To note, part-time hours would still need to be completed in Mon-Fri/9-5 hours. Salary will be dependent on experience and structure of the role developed with the ideal candidate.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis till August 20th. Please apply by sending the following to email@example.com:
- A one page resume listing your experience and skills for the role
- A Letter of Interest that expresses why you would make an ideal candidate and your availability for start date and part-time or full-time work
- URL to your Linkedin profile
Please PDF all files. Selected candidates will be contacted and invited to an in-person interview. We look forward to hearing from you!