We’re Hiring, Again!
With so much on the go this Fall at Impact Hub Ottawa, we’re hiring one more individual to join our team. This time we’re seeking to fill the new position of Head Host.
Role & Responsibilities:
We’re seeking a welcoming Head Host to greet guests, manage our meeting and event space rentals, help with daily space administration, and support our communications with members. Head Host responsibilities include:
- Be the first liaison to visitors and general inquiries to Impact Hub Ottawa, welcoming guests, providing tours and answering Impact Hub’s general information channels.
- Daily coworking space administration and trouble-shooting of member needs from printer use, mail service, internet, supplies, and more.
- Managing space rental inquiries and coordination through our space management software, as well as assisting guests with set up and ensuring smooth running of both day time meetings and evening events.
- Support the Community Lead in communications and scheduling social media posts.
This role is a great early stage opportunity for someone seeking to immerse themselves in an entrepreneurial environment and as part of a small team. The salary range is entry level and the role is full time. Hours will be primarily Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm but can vary and some evening work may be required depending on our space rentals.
Skills and Qualities
- A Host: You have experience in hospitality/customer service, have an eye for detail, and enjoy aiding others.
- A Doer: You like having a variety of tasks, have organized task list and are keen to problem solver
- A Storyteller: You enjoy sharing others stories and are experienced on social media.
- A Caring Citizen: You are passionate about social and civic issues and are actively engaged in making your community a better place.
In addition to the above experience and skills, we are seeking someone who aligns with our organizational values and will prioritize the following in everything they do:
Openness & Transparency | Collaboration | Inclusiveness & Accessibility | Action Oriented | Consciousness, Sustainability, and Mindfulness | Experimentation & Disruption
How to Apply
We are looking for a candidate to start as soon as possible – please apply by sending the following to email@example.com:
- A 1-page resumé that summarizes your relatable past experience
- A 1-page summary of your interest and background in event and relationship management
Please note: applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a final deadline of September 7th. Selected candidates will be invited to an in-person interview. We look forward to hearing from you!