With a new floor being added at 123 Slater and an expanded community, Impact Hub Ottawa is looking to grow its hosting team! We’re seeking a welcoming Host to greet guests, assist meeting and event space rentals, and support our co-stewards and members to do their best work.
Role & Responsibilities
- Be the first liaison to visitors and general inquiries to the space, welcoming guests, providing tours and guiding guests their meetings or events
- Daily coworking space administration and trouble-shooting of member needs from printer use, mail service, internet, supplies, and more
- Support daily space rental needs, assisting guests with set up and ensuring smooth running of both day time meetings and evening events.
- Work in tandem with the Community Lead and Head Host to provide a supportive member experience and facilitating opportunities for collaboration, including supporting coordination of meetings and activities for members
- Help maintain a neat and clean space and that all supplies are in their appropriate places for kitchen, kitchenettes, meeting rooms, and coworking area
- Support communications and storytelling activities
This role is a great early stage opportunity for someone seeking to immerse themselves in an entrepreneurial environment and work as part of a small team. The salary range is entry level and the role is full time 30-40 hours per week. Hours will be primarily Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm but can vary and some evening work may be required depending on events and space rentals.
Skills and Qualities
A Host: You have experience in hospitality/customer service, have an eye for detail, and enjoy aiding others. A Doer: You like having a variety of tasks, have organized task list and are keen to problem solver A Perfectionist: You have an eye for detail always keep everything in its right place. A Storyteller: You enjoy sharing others stories and are experienced in writing content and social media. A Caring Citizen: You are passionate about social and civic issues and are actively engaged in making your community a better place.
In addition to the above experience and skills, we are seeking someone who aligns with our organizational values and will prioritize the following in everything they do: Openness | Transparency | Collaboration | Inclusiveness & Accessibility | Action Oriented | Consciousness, Sustainability, and Mindfulness | Experimentation | Disruption
How to Apply
We are looking for a candidate to start as soon as possible – please apply by sending the following to Katie Miller:
- One-page resumé that summarizes your relatable past experience
- One-page summary of your interest and background in event, space and relationship management
Please only send files in PDF format. Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a final deadline of February 22nd, 2019. Selected candidates will be invited to an in-person interview. We look forward to hearing from you!