With a new floor being added at 123 Slater and an expanded community, Impact Hub Ottawa is looking to grow its team! We’re seeking a talented communicator to tell the world about the great work being carried out by our community of impact makers.
Role & Responsibilities
- Assist in the planning and execution of communications to support membership growth, programs recruitment and amplification of member stories.
- Writing and distribution of weekly member newsletter.
- Identifying stories that feature member achievements and milestones to compose blogs, social media, and storytelling opportunities.
- Maintain Impact Hub Ottawa’s online voice and create compelling digital content, including social media and blog posts, and the active daily curation and management of Hub’s social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Working with all team members to maintain and update the HUB Ottawa website.
- Sharing content on Impact Hubs member platform and encouraging engagement.
- Ongoing blog writing and curation of guest bloggers.
- Create and maintain quarterly and monthly Editorial Calendar for digital media.
- Reporting – ongoing metrics, web analytics, weekly/monthly reports for social media platforms and development of execution plans to improve reach and online engagement and conversion.
This is a three month part time contract with possibility of extension.
- Proficiency in WordPress and graphic design is an asset.
- Must have experience writing great content for blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and Mailchimp, with a strong understanding of how these platforms work.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
A Host: You have experience in hospitality/customer service, have an eye for detail, and enjoy aiding others. A Doer: You like having a variety of tasks, have organized task list and are keen to problem solver A Perfectionist: You have an eye for detail always keep everything in its right place. A Storyteller: You enjoy sharing others stories and are experienced in writing content and social media. A Caring Citizen: You are passionate about social and civic issues and are actively engaged in making your community a better place.
In addition to the above experience and skills, we are seeking someone who aligns with our organizational values and will prioritize the following in everything they do: Openness | Transparency | Collaboration | Inclusiveness & Accessibility | Action Oriented | Consciousness, Sustainability, and Mindfulness | Experimentation | Disruption
How to Apply
We are looking for a candidate to start as soon as possible – please apply by sending the following to Katie Miller:
- One-page resumé that summarizes your relatable past experience.
- One-page summary of your interest and background in communications.
- Applicants are asked to submit a writing sample (min 1 page) along with their application.
Please only send files in PDF format. Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a final deadline of March 11th 2019. Selected candidates will be invited to an in-person interview. We look forward to hearing from you!