Job opportunity: Digital Marketing Coordinator
At the heart of Impact Hub Ottawa is a small but mighty team of dedicated and passionate people. Together we host a collaborative coworking community and curate events and programming to inspire, connect and enable action for a more just and sustainable world.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Digital Marketing Coordinator to join our team over the summer. You will help us use web technologies to achieve our social impact and business growth goals. You will identify needs and opportunities through research and analytics to increase brand awareness and audience engagement.
If you’re a tech-savvy trendsetter who has innovative ideas to improve customer experience and can produce promotional materials and content, we would like to meet you. For this position, you should be creative and comfortable working with a small team and have excellent communication and organizational skills.
This is a great opportunity to create a positive impact in a fast-paced, thriving community of over 300 social innovators – and to get experience in a broad range of disciplines!
- Work with the Impact Hub Ottawa team to design and implement a marketing strategy aligned with our business and impact objectives
- Develop and execute digital campaigns to increase web traffic and conversions, using all necessary tools (e.g. website, emails, social media, blogs)
- Write, publish and curate content and promotional materials for the Impact Hub Ottawa website, social media channels, community newsletters, Impact Hub Community App, and online event calendars and tools
- Design and implement email marketing campaigns for our various audiences
- Monitor and analyze SEO, SEM, marketing and sales performance metrics and research market to identify new opportunities and to forecast trends
- Address online advertising needs
- Build strong client relationships through social media interactions and monitoring
- Review and optimize integrations between online tools and Impact Hub Ottawa office systems to improve and simplify the user and staff experience
- Ensure brand consistency through all marketing channels
- Proven work experience as a Marketing Coordinator, Marketing Officer or similar role
- Demonstrable experience with digital marketing campaigns, platforms and tools (e.g. event, email, optimization and social media)
- Familiarity with SEO, SEM, Google Analytics and web analysis tools
- Familiarity with web design, HTML, and CMS (content management system)
- Experience implementing and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills
- Experience with graphic design is an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or related discipline or 2+ years’ experience in a marketing role
This is a paid, full-time, temporary, entry-level position made possible through the Government of Canada’s Canada Summer Jobs program. As such, to be eligible, candidates must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment;
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations; and,
- agree to complete a questionnaire at the end of the term to report on the experience with the Canada Summer Jobs program.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete this form. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until June 5, 2020. Selected candidates will be contacted and invited to a preliminary virtual interview. The term of employment is 8 – 16 weeks (to be confirmed).