At the heart of Impact Hub Ottawa is a small but mighty team of dedicated and passionate people. Together we host a collaborative coworking community and curate events and programming to inspire, connect and enable action for a more just and sustainable world.
Job opportunity: Business Process Automation Strategist
At the heart of Impact Hub Ottawa is a small but mighty team of dedicated and passionate people. Together we host a collaborative coworking community and curate events and programming to inspire, connect and enable action for a more just and sustainable world. We are big believers in the power of collaboration to bring out the best ideas, and we work together to manage our online and physical spaces, host our community, and design events and programs that help people #DoGoodBetter.
We love to work with passionate and empathetic people and are committed to creating an inclusive team and community where everyone feels welcomed and valued. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersecting identities.
As we experiment with new ways to engage our community at a safe distance, it’s more important than ever to ensure that our members feel supported by Impact Hub Ottawa and the services we offer. That’s where you come in! We are looking for a tech-savvy and innovative Business Process Automation Strategist to join our team and help us streamline the various processes in our organizations’ core operations.
You will put your analytical and problem-solving skills to use to help us organize our services, identify our weak spots and design time-efficient solutions. By applying your data collection and analysis chops you will help us identify our marketing and sales weaknesses and propose solutions to optimize our business models.
You should be passionate about social and environmental issues, a creative thinker, and comfortable working on a small team, where bringing fresh ideas and taking initiative are encouraged.
This is an excellent opportunity to expand your network and have a positive impact in a fast-paced, thriving community of over 300 social innovators. If you’re a curious problem-solver with ideas to improve our overall experience, we would like to meet you!
- Build processes that improve the member experience and meet our organization’s objectives
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Work closely with partners, to optimize and enhance our software integrations
- Help design, document and maintain system processes
- Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations for improvement
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to monitor, improve, and deliver better value to our members
- Design, build and deploy solutions and ensure all systems and processes operate smoothly
- Support the team with the redevelopment and refresh of Impact Hub Ottawa web properties
- Collect and analyse data from our multiple information technology assets to help us make educated business decisions and improve our member experience.
- Create and recommend mechanisms to identify, monitor and store data.
- From a safe distance, welcome members and guests to the space and support the team in maintaining cleanliness and general upkeep of coworking and meeting areas
- Support team with opening and closing responsibilities
- Proven work experience in Business Process Management, Data Science or similar role
- Demonstrable experience with business process modelling and automation
- In-depth understanding of database management and data visualization techniques and tools
- Experience in analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions
- Knowledge of technological trends to build a strategy
- Basic knowledge of various programming languages and SQL an asset
- Experience in marketing and sales an asset
- Excellent analytical and project management skills
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Strong leadership and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Preferably based in Ottawa. Remote candidates are still strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a paid, full-time, temporary, position made possible through DS4Y & the Career Launcher program. Career Launcher is a program by Colleges and Institutes Canada, funded by the Government of Canada. As per the Career Launcher program requirements, to be eligible, interns must be:
- Post-secondary graduates
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education, work part-time or unemployed)
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship (June 30, 2021)
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Available to work up to six months
- Available to start on or before June 30, 2021
- Previous participants of a DS4Y internship
- University or college co-op or intern students
- Employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns, although this must be clearly indicated by the employer)
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment and Skills Strategy initiative.
Ottawa, Ontario. While preference will be given to those candidates who can work on-site, remote candidates are still encouraged to apply.
$23.90/hour for 37.5 hours per week (7.5 hours per day) with 4% vacation pay paid out each pay period.
June 30, 2021 to Dec 15, 2021. This is a paid, full-time, contract position.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form found here. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until June 15, 2021, or until the appropriate candidate is found. Selected candidates will be contacted and invited to a preliminary virtual interview.