Impact Hub Ottawa is a non-profit community and coworking space with a mission to inspire, connect, and enable people and organizations to take action for a more just and sustainable world. We use the Sustainable Development Goals and their commitment to ‘leave no one behind’ as a lens to view our impact on the world. We offer coworking, office, meeting, and event space and programs and services to help purpose-driven people work together to bring about meaningful change in their communities.
Job opportunity: Program Coordinator
About This Opportunity
As our community of people and organizations working to address the SDGs continues to grow, we are committed to building a more inclusive and supportive home for cross-sector collaboration. To support this goal, we’re looking for an organized and passionate Program Coordinator to join our small team!
You will put your organizational skills to use in coordinating activities for our ‘Coaching for Impact’ and ‘SDG Hub’ projects and, based in our bright and open coworking space in downtown Ottawa, you will support the team in welcoming visitors, managing the space, and running in-person events when they start up again - all from a safe distance.
We are looking for someone who thrives at having multiple tasks on the go, is a nit-pick for detail, is focused on solutions, loves exploring new tech, and can do it all while making a pot of coffee.
You should be passionate about sustainability, equity, diversity and inclusion, a creative thinker, and comfortable working on a small team, where fresh ideas and taking the lead are encouraged. This is an excellent opportunity to expand your network and have a positive impact in a fast-paced, thriving community of over 175 social innovators.
If you’re a curious community-builder with a passion for supporting cross-sector collaboration, we’d love to meet you!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support our Head of Programs and Partnerships with the design, delivery, promotion and evaluation of events, workshops and other activities associated with the ‘SDG Hub’ and ‘Coaching for Impact’ programs.
- Support our Community Lead in hosting community activities, including our weekly learning and networking events (including but not limited to: Brown Bag Lunches, Coaches Q&A, Wine Downs)
- Help to create a warm and welcoming environment, both virtually and in-person, by attending Hub events, making connections, inviting questions, and encouraging engagement among members
- From a safe distance, welcome members and guests to the space and support the team in maintaining cleanliness and general upkeep of coworking and meeting areas
Impact Measurement & Storytelling
- Work with the Community Lead to develop processes to track, measure and share the impact of our members as it aligns with the SDGs
- Work with the Head of Programs and Partnerships to distill and share key program findings with our community and partners.
Program & Communications Support
Knowledge and Skills
- A curious learner and strong communicator, ideally with experience in project coordination.
- Able to work well in a fact-based, collaborative environment
- Passionate about making the world a more just, equitable and sustainable place, and about advancing the SDGs through collaboration and social entrepreneurship
- Interested in new technologies and digital tools and eager to test them out
- Ideally, you will have a post-secondary education in a field relating to sustainable development, entrepreneurship and/or community development.
This is a paid, temporary position made possible through the Career Launcher program. Career Launcher is a program by Colleges and Institutes Canada, funded by the Government of Canada, as such candidates must:
- be between 15 and 30 (inclusive) years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment;
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations;
- Available to participate for up to 6 months, in a full-time capacity .
- Not be employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns, although this must be clearly indicated by the employer)
Location: while Ottawa based applicants are preferred, remote applicants are encouraged to apply.
Pay Range: $18-$20/hour for 30 hours per week with 4% vacation pay paid out each pay period.
Start Date: November 29, 2021
End Date: March 31, 2022
The application period has now closed. Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to a preliminary virtual interview.
Should you have any questions, please contact the team at email@example.com.