Become an SDG Champion at Impact Hub Ottawa
Are you a curious, impact-driven person in search of a community and workspace to call home? You’re in the right place!
Impact Hub Ottawa is offering two Free Dedicated Desk memberships to SDG-aligned organizations in need of a workspace and community to call home.
Application deadline: Sunday, March 27 at midnight. Complete the form at the bottom of this page to apply.
Who Should Apply?
Whether you’re an activist, artist, social innovator, community builder, entrepreneur, or educator, if you’re working toward social and environmental justice in your community, we invite you to apply!
Because we know that building sustainable solutions requires leadership from those most adversely affected by climate and social injustice, we are prioritizing applications from members of equity-deserving groups, including Black, Indigenous, racialized people and people of colour, people living with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQ+ people.
Unincorporated organizations, associations, or initiatives are welcome to apply.
What We're Offering
A 12-month Dedicated Desk membership to two mission-driven organizations that are in need of a workspace and community to call home.
An office away from the home office
Space to meet & connect
Your very own community of support, with access to
We’re looking for two SDG-aligned organizations to join our community for 12 months. Part of a team? While Dedicated Desks may not be split between multiple users, we’re offering up to 3 Part-time coworking memberships per organization for additional team members, who are free to use ‘hot desks’ throughout the space.
You or your organization must work toward one or more of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals and will be required to submit a short application form, explaining:
- Mission and activities: How are you working to address at least one of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals?
- Impact Hub Ottawa is a community of social entrepreneurs and innovators driven to make change in their communities.
- Demonstration of need: How would a Dedicated Desk membership at Impact Hub Ottawa help you advance your mission?
- Community Contribution: How might others leverage the skills, experiences and/or expertise that you bring to the community?
Selection Criteria & Process
Applications will be reviewed by our team on a rolling basis and evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Strength of Application
- You answered all elements of the questions thoroughly and thoughtfully;
- You clearly outlined your mission, how you work toward the SDGs, how a Dedicated Desk membership would help advance your mission, and how you would contribute to the community at Impact Hub Ottawa; and,
- You provided detail, data and/or examples to support your responses
- Contribution to the community
- Your sector and/or approach is innovative or underrepresented in our community; and,
- Your work serves members of equity-deserving groups, including Black, Indigenous, racialized people and people of colour, people living with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQ+ people.