HUB Ottawa Releases its First Annual Impact + Failure Report
Find the Impact + Failure Report here.
HUB Ottawa is proud to release its first annual Impact + Failure report today. This report captures HUB Ottawa’s inaugural year activities, profiles the HUB Ottawa and global HUB community, and highlights how HUB has helped advance members’ goals in five areas: learning, collaboration, project incubation, networks, and productivity. This report also takes a look at key failures from HUB’s inaugural year in operation.
“We want to foster a culture in which failure is accepted and celebrated in the not-for-profit and social enterprise sectors,” said Vinod Rajasekaran, Executive Director of HUB Ottawa. “We are proud to be one of only a handful of Canadian organizations publicly releasing a failure report – and the first in the global HUB network. Innovation requires experimentation and experiments can be unsuccessful. This report is part of our process of learning and innovating.”
HUB Ottawa is part of a global network of over 37 HUBs around the world, from Vienna to Johannesburg. Each HUB provides a co-working space, events and programming, and a diverse community centred around innovation, collaboration and learning. HUB Ottawa currently has around 200 members utilizing the online collaboration platform and coworking space to kick-start and grow their initiatives and organizations.
“Much of the report highlights the power of the connections made at the HUB,” said Rajasekaran. “These increased collaborations and connections represent an emerging trend across sectors, and the HUB has been instrumental is fostering cross-sector collaboration across the city.”
HUB Ottawa’s Impact + Failure report is available online at ottawa.the-hub.net/impactreport, and in space at 71 Bank Street on the 6th floor.
Key Stats and Outcomes:
• 75% of HUB members made 5 or more valuable connections through The HUB
• Over 80% of members say the HUB has supported them to pursue new ideas and initiatives
• 80% of members said The HUB has connected them to advisors, experts and resources they need to incubate their projects
• Over 95% of members have found that the HUB has been instrumental for them to expand their personal and professional network
• 77% of members said the HUB has allowed them to work more efficiently and effectively
• HUB members around the world generated $150 million in new revenue in 2012, demonstrating the growth of the impact economy
About HUB Ottawa
HUB Ottawa is a creative coworking environment, learning academy and incubator optimized for people, projects and organizations bettering the world. Our mission is to drive social innovation through collaboration. Over 200 individuals working in 30 disciplines have become Hubbers since our launch in late-March 2012.
Become a part of HUB’s online community on Twitter and Facebook.
Contact HUB Ottawa
Community, Communications & Events Catalyst
Tel : 613-680-3506