Coworking for Everyone
Community is at the heart of social impact, and we’re committed to reducing barriers to joining ours.
The Compassionate Coworking initiative offers fully-subsidized 3-month memberships (Part-Time or Connect) to impact-driven individuals in need of a space and community to call home.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. You can expect to hear back from us within two weeks of submitting your application. Up to 8 memberships will be offered per year.
I’m a member and I’d like to support!
This initiative was launched with support from Employment and Social Development Canada’s SDG Funding Program, and it will be maintained through contributions from Impact Hub Ottawa and its members.
If you’re a member, you can support Compassionate Coworking by making a one-time or recurring contribution via the member portal.
Who is Eligible?
We welcome applications from impact-driven people who may not otherwise be able to access a full-priced membership.
Whether you’re an activist, artist, social innovator, community builder, entrepreneur, or educator, if you’re working toward social and environmental justice in your community, you're invited to apply!
Because we know that building sustainable solutions requires leadership from those most adversely affected by climate and social injustice, we are prioritizing applications from members of equity-deserving groups, including Black, Indigenous, racialized people and people of colour, people living with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQ+ people.
Successful applicants receive a free three-month Connect or Part-Time Coworking membership.
Connect (virtual) Membership
Connect Memberships include access to:
Part-Time Coworking Membership
Part-Time Coworking Memberships include access to everything in a Connect Membership plus the following:
How to Apply
Apply anytime! Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. You can expect to hear back from us within two weeks of submitting your application. Up to 8 memberships will be offered per year.
Interested candidates must submit a short application form, describing:
- Impact Alignment: How are you working to address at least one of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals in your professional or personal life?
- Demonstration of need: How would a membership at Impact Hub Ottawa support you and/or your work?
Applications will be reviewed by our team on a rolling basis and evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Strength of Application
- You answered all elements of the questions thoroughly and thoughtfully;
- You clearly outlined how you work toward the SDGs and how an Impact Hub Ottawa membership would support you and/or your work; and,
- You provided detail, data and/or examples to support your responses
- Contribution to the community
- Your sector and/or approach is innovative or underrepresented in our community; and,
- Your work serves members of equity-deserving groups, including Black, Indigenous, racialized people and people of colour, people living with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQ+ people.